6 Maple Street
A deep-energy retrofit of a 1740s colonial.
- Far more energy efficient than typical construction, while retaining the character and charm of the village, and preserving the original structure.
- Continuous insulation on the exterior of the framing, plus new high-performance windows and doors, will lower energy use.
- Reduced drafts will improve comfort.
- Low-energy mechanical systems will maintain filtered fresh air for healthy indoor air quality.
- Durable, sustainable, and requires less maintenance – ready for the next 270 years.
We love to experiment, so why not use our own future office as a laboratory?
Located in the heart of charming downtown Chester is this 270-year-old (so we’re told) house that’s been added onto over the years.
Know anything about its history? Please share it with us!
We are uncovering clues to its past daily by literally peeling back the layers. We look forward to sharing them with you here.
Check back often!
Fun fact: When Wyeth Architects began in 2001, its first location was in the downstairs level. We’re going back home! This time we’ll be in the upper level, and the lower level can be rented out for retail.